Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Of Kink and Housework

In researching the submissive lifestyle, I am amazed at how often the subject of housework comes up. Perhaps it’s my aversion to doing it that makes the term jump out at me, but stumbling across blog after blog with links and tips and entire sub-sections (no pun intended) devoted to keeping up with the dust and clutter surprises me. Admittedly, I’m not in the lifestyle and tend to focus on the sexual aspects of a D/s relationship. Yet it also makes me wonder if I could ever meet someone who’d make me want to have a floor clean enough to eat off.




The experts suggest that a man doing the housework gets more sex because his wife feels how much he appreciated her. Another study suggests that couples who spend more time on housework have more sex, regardless of who is cleaning. Do you find housework or the lack thereof affecting your sex life?



Even in vanilla role play, the naughty French Maid appears. An online search for feather dusters brought up a store link, and below the duster photo were suggestions of what you might also need. The Shock Therapy Electro Sex Kit sounds like exactly what I’d need to be willing to don a frilly apron and pull out the vacuum before sex!

With the holidays approaching and gift buying/making taking up more of our time, maybe we should look at what the subs seem to understand. A clean house is a dirty house! Instead of buying your partner another tie or sexy negligee, look into a gift certificate for a house cleaning service. Or make a personalized coupon book to include a week without chores, or a dishwashing-free night. Statistics say your sex-life will thank you.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment