Monday, June 27, 2011

Music to Play By

I don't think I ever mentioned my experience in a dungeon out in LA while attending the RT conference. I didn't get to play, more's the pity, but I did observe lots of wonderful play by other people. I was particularly impressed by some fire play by a Dom. Anyway, while there is much about the night I could share because it was all great, there were a few minutes at the beginning of the evening that is particularly memorable. As I sat in the main room, watching a couple of Dommes (one obviously a professional) working on their respective men, the overhead music started playing Numb by Linkin Park. Now, I happen to love that song, both the original and the Encore version with Jay-Z. I even had it as my ring tone for a long time. I have always found music to be very evocative. A good piece will send me soaring emotionally in ways I cannot express. The experience of hearing a song I love with the back beat of floggers and paddles hitting flesh - well, I don't have words. I really don't, but I will never forget it. Setting a mood for play is important and music can be a big part of that. I don't think I realized how big a part until that night.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. I'm glad you shared this, and am glad you had that experience at the club.

    ReplyDelete